Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ten Songs I'm Digging This Thursday Night

PHUTATORIUS
Just for the hell of it, and in order of importance:
More...
(1) Joy Division: Atmosphere
(2) Patsy Cline: Walking After Midnight
(3) Stereolab: Jenny Ondioline
(4) Bob Dylan: Visions of Johanna
(5) The Boomtown Rats: I Don't Like Mondays
(6) Cracker: Take Me Down to the Infirmary
(7) M.I.A.: Paper Planes
(8) Stan Getz & João Gilberto: Corcovado (Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars) (w/ Astrud Gilberto)
(9) Lloyd Chalmers: Bang Bang Lulu
(10) The Futureheads: Carnival Kids

3 comments:

WhiteCollar Redneck said...

I had Ray Price's "Night Life" album in rotation, but unfortunately I was working so I didn't write a post about how much I love it. Maybe I will tomorrow!

Of your list, I am a huge Patsy Cline fine, I'm OK with Bob Dylan, I've heard of but not heard Joy Division & Stereolab, and I'm totally blank on the rest. My guess is there's not much overlap between your iPod and mine...

Mithridates said...

Is there really a band called "I Don't Like Mondays" and a song "The Boomtown Rats"? And do any of those other bands/people actually exist? And on what planet?

Phutatorius said...

Yeah, OK. Fixed. You're just mad because you can't find a way to turn this into a post about Ted Williams.

Post a Comment