Thursday, January 22, 2009

"Hotels Trim Amenities Amid Recession"

WHITECOLLAR REDNECK
The WSJ has a nice article this morning about how struggling hotels are cutting back on frills because of the economy. It begins, "The Courtyard and other Marriott chains recently stopped putting hand lotion in their rooms, leaving guests to ask for it at the front desk."

So who feels comfortable stopping by the front desk and saying "Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice there's no hand lotion in my room, can you have the bellhop run some by?" I mean, why don't you just ask them to deliver a whole, raw, plucked chicken and the November issue of Juggs while you're at it, since they're going to assume you're a pervert anyway? Jiminy.

6 comments:

Mithridates said...

If I were a hotel, I'd cut back on shampoo, soap, towels, and pillows before getting rid of the hand lotion. I predict a wholesale rebellion by business travelers. Did they get rid of the complementary pay channels as well? You know, the stuff they make all their profits from? Sounds like bad business to me.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Not to anger Phuta-T with txt speak but I actually did LOL when the whole, raw, plucked chicken was mentioned.

Note if you Google "whole raw plucked chicken" you guys come up #2.

Mithridates said...

I did and we weren't until the third page. Looks like the Google stat monkies are hard at work on some funky randomization scheme.

Phutatorius said...

I can't help it: whenever I see the word "Jiminy" now, I think Larry Craig.

M'dates, you have to put the phrase in quotation marks -- then we're #2!

Mithridates said...

Yeah, out of 2!!!!

Post a Comment