Monday, April 06, 2009

Men vs Women

WHITECOLLAR REDNECK

I've lost something like fifty pounds since I got married a few years ago, pretty evenly over time. As a result, when I run into people I haven't seen in a long time, it's not unusual for them to comment on my weight loss. 

Here's the interesting part: the men frequently say something like "Wow, your wife must be taking great care of you." And the women will often say something like "Gosh, is your wife not feeding you?"

Now, not everyone makes a connection between the weight loss and my marriage, but whenever it happens, the men put a positive spin on it, and the women a negative one.

I don't know what this all means, but I find it interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you're losing weight -- definitely count me in the positive camp. As for the women who want to fatten you up... no idea why, unless the "King of Queens" show has finally redefined what it means to be attractive.

Post a Comment